What do I do if I have photo needs?
- Please refer to thePhotography at Duke post or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. We will respond to your requests within 24 hours.
Who are the preferred/recommended freelancers?
- A list of freelance photographers will be updated as additional photographers are identified and their eligibility to do work for Duke is confirmed.
- Communicators are encouraged to share information about freelance photographers so that the list can be kept up to date – please email suggestions to email@example.com.
- Guidelines for working with freelancers, including rights, releases, and image tagging and metadata protocols are available in the Photography at Duke post.
What about headshots?
- Any headshots that were scheduled as of February 19 will proceed as planned.
- If you are looking to have a headshot taken, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I have already booked Duke Photography to cover my event/do a shoot for a publication or website?
- All appointments booked through March 16 will be honored. If you wish to proceed with a freelance photographer instead, please let us know and we will be happy to help you in your search.
- We will contact all those whose events are later than March 16 to help you complete your project in a timely and cost-effective way.
Where can I get the images that have been taken but not delivered?
- We will confirm the delivery of all in-progress projects.
Do I have to pay my outstanding bills?
- Any work completed by Duke’s photographers – including photography booked through Duke Photo for a future date – will be billed within one week at the agreed-upon rates and are payable through the regular internal payment process.
Where do I get stock photos/images?
- Duke’s Asset Management Tool is full of thematic, strategic, and engaging images will be available for all campus communicators to use at no charge.
- ONC will maintain the library and will regularly refresh the available images from sources throughout Duke.
- Please refer to the Photography at Duke post for more information.